Monday, March 4, 2013

Trailer issues even before it hauls it's fist boat:(

This trailer from Sailtrailers of Columbus Ga seems well build but two real issues developed on the trip from Georgia to Maryland. First, they didn't provide a storage location for the 24ft "super extension". In Georgia we loaded the extension and used some tie down straps to hold in in place. In short order the straps were cut through by the sharp edges of the box aluminum tube. I ruined four straps before getting a system of carpet scraps, towel scraps, rope and remnants of straps that worked without to much additional damage.


I think the worst part was that the new paint was no longer new. I'll need to come up with a secure system before spring.

The next issue was unnoticed until I arrived in Maryland, the spare tire carrier had cracked badly. A few more bumps in the road and that spare would have been rolling down the interstate on it's own! Sailtrailers is making it right. They gave me a FedEx number and I shipped it back to them to re-engineer.



No comments:

Post a Comment